Basement Flooding in Avon, OH
Basements in Avon, OH can be prone to flooding. We are coming up on Spring in Cleveland which brings heavy rains and those heavy rains commonly bring basement flooding to Avon, OH homes.
Water always runs from high to low ground, and this means that under the right circumstances your basement becomes an unwanted swimming pool. But where does the water come from?
- One common culprit behind basement flooding is rain. Excessive amounts of rain in a short period of time can overload basement waterproofing systems, saturating the earth around your basement and then pushing in through foundation cracks.
- Even properly waterproofed basements fail because they can't handle the incoming water load, your basement will flood.
- The slope of your lawn can contribute to flooding.
Did you know its common for insurance to not cover basement flood damage under certain circumstances? Make sure you've checked with your insurance company to verify your coverage.
Whether you go with insurance or not, you'll want to call an expert like us to handle the cleanup and restoration. We will handle the mess and get you home back to normal quickly.
Do you know the Do's and Don'ts of Water Damage in Cleveland, OH?
Water damage cleanup in Cleveland, OH from clean water is much different then contaminated, sewer water. These do's are only for clean water. It is important to hire a professional to help you dry out your home after water damage. With the right tools and pieces of equipment we can properly and safely dry out your home or business and the products within it. By calling in our certified technicians you can rest assured we will make water damage look "Like it never even happened."
-Shut off the source of the water.
-Turn off electricity
-Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and soaking up with towels.
-Wipe excess water from wood furniture.
-Put aluminum foil in between furniture legs and carpet.
-Enter a room with standing water. There could be a risk of electrical shock. Disconnect all power first.
-Leave rugs and furniture upholstery wet against and sitting on carpets. The fabrics could bleed between each other.
-Turn on your television or any other electronic.
-Do not use your household vacuum to try and suck up any water. They are not made for this.
If you're in need of water damage repair in Parma, OH give us a call!
Washing Machine Water Damage Repair, Cleveland, OH
Washing machines in your Cleveland, OH home are common sources of water damage and the maintenance of washing machines is often overlooked. Water damage repair from a washing machine in Parma, OH can cost thousands of dollars and in a lot of cases, is often preventable.
Small leaks stemming from a washing machine may appear to be a minor issue, but the problem should not be ignored. Even a pinhole leak in a water supply line can subsequently break out into a household flood. In fact, a burst supply line is a key cause of significant water damage involving washers. A good way to prevent water damage is to check your hoses leading to your washing machine a couple times per year.
Also consider installing an automatic shutoff valve. When water pools on the floor, the sensor detects it and closes the water valve.
Routine inspection of the hoses and connections can save you major repair costs in the future. In addition, check the drain gate frequently and remove food particles and debris.
When your Cleveland, OH home is in need of flood damage repair, our team is here to help 24/7.
Let us handle the water damage cleanup in Cleveland, OH
Any water damage in your Cleveland, OH home is bad.
But trying to clean it up yourself in your Cleveland, OH home can be a disaster. Especially when the water you don't see contains bacteria-or cause mold, rot and other unseen damage that can affect the value and structure of your home. So before you risk your health or the value of your home by cleaning it up yourself, give us a call at 440-887-9000. Our certified technicians will arrive onsite and preform and initial inspection and see where there might be damage hiding that you cannot see. Once our team has a better idea of the work necessary, we will begin the restoration process.
SERVPRO of Parma/Seven Hills is highly trained to safely clean and RESTORE your building, utilizing the following procedures
Every water damage event is a little different and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. So, before you risk further damaging the value of your home or facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call us 24/7.
Fire damage and Deep Fried Turkey's in Cleveland, OH
It's almost Thanksgiving here in Cleveland, OH! Deep fried turkeys are common item on the menu for Clevelanders. But here's the deal, a deep-fried turkey is definitely delicious, but is the risk worth it? If you've seen any of the viral videos of turkey fryer explosions, you may have asked yourself this question before. Is it really worth the risk? Running the risk of bodily injury or property damage to your home or neighbors is something to consider when menu planning this holiday season. We don't want to make you shy away from your holiday plans so here's a few things to remember if you're planning on using a deep fryer this thanksgiving:
- Turkey fryers can easily tip over, spilling hot cooking oil over a large area.
- An overfilled cooking pot will cause cooking oil to spill when the turkey is put in, and a partially frozen turkey will cause cooking oil to splatter when put in the pot.
- Even a small amount of cooking oil spilling on a hot burner can cause a large fire.
- Without thermostat controls, deep fryers can overheat oil to the point of starting a fire.
- The sides of the cooking pot, lid, and pot handles can get dangerously hot.
Safety is the most important thing when using a turkey fryer. We hope you have a very enjoyable Thanksgiving here in Cleveland! Should you have fire damage, our teams are available to help 24/7 365 days a year. Just give us a call.
Water Damage Repair in Parma, OH
This Parma, OH home suffered a great amount of water damage from a broken pipe. This caused water damage throughout the entire home.
If you have a water damage in Parma, OH from a clean source such as water supply lines, sink overflows, tub overflows, or appliance malfunctions, here are some things to do before SERVPRO of Parma/Seven Hills arrives.
- Shut off the source of the water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if the access panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors
We are your local water damage repair company serving Parma and Cleveland. Our team is available 24/7 if you need emergency services.
Why choose a water damage professional in Cleveland, OH
We are a full service restoration company in Cleveland, OH. We will complete the initial drying and then complete the rebuild as well.
If your Cleveland, OH home has water damage it can be very overwhelming. We have been helping homeowners and business owners during times of crisis for over 20 years. Our team is always ready to help.
According to the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) there are a couple of reasons to choose a water damage restoration professional in Parma, OH over doing it yourself. Below are a few reasons:
- The process of fire and water restoration is very involved when it is performed properly.
- With quick reaction time and the appropriate skill set, a technician can help to prevent further damage and repair that which has already been done
- The process and equipment used during fire and water restoration will vary from case to case, since different materials require their own unique care.
- For fire damage, general cleaning is done to remove ash and soot from ceiling to floor.
- The quick remediation of the problem is important for more than repairs, it is also a health consideration
- Choose a company for fire and water restoration with the appropriate licenses and proof that they have the proper insurance.
- Whether the work to be done is in a commercial or residential location, technicians with experience and certification should perform the damage recovery.
If you’re in need of water damage cleanup and repair in Cleveland, OH, give us a call!
Basement flooding in Parma, OH
Are you in need of water damage repair in Cleveland, OH? There are many different causes of water damage; from rain to floods to storms to broken pipes and even overflowed toilets. No matter the cause SERVPRO of Parma/Seven Hills is there for you in any water removal emergency. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Water damage, if not taken care of quickly, can lead to further damage like mold. If water damage goes without proper cleanup and drying, it will lead to expensive future damages. Water damage in Parma, OH is typically larger than what you can see. Parma is known for mass floodings. This leads to basement floods in Parma, OH. Water can spread under carpet and affect multiple rooms. Water can even spread up walls in the drywall. Having an expert in water damage restoration can mean the difference from a large loss to a few days of mitigation. We can help. Call SERVPRO of Parma/Seven Hills for an immediate response!
Choosing the right water damage restoration company in Cleveland
Contacting a restoration company you can trust is the first step involving water cleanup in Cleveland, OH. We take great pride in great reviews prior homeowners have given us after we helped them during their times of disaster cleanup.
Many restoration company's you can choose are usually equipped to handle multiple aspects of the cleanup process, including fire damage, flood damage, and backed-up sewage. While this may be the case, the job of the water damage restoration company is only to remove the water, returning the home or business to a dry living environment, so contacting a separate company may be necessary in order to complete the necessary repairs.
When you choose SERVPRO of Parma/Seven Hills as your mitigation company we will not only dry your property but we offer reconstruction as well. Don't be left with an unfinished job, you can trust us to restore your home to preloss condition.
Due to the fact that water damage may strike at any given moment, we are available 24/7 to help you. Give us a call when disaster strikes.
We provide restoration and reconstruction services in Cleveland, OH
When your home or business suffers from a fire, water, mold, or storm damage loss, SERVPRO of Parma/Seven Hills understands how stressful and overwhelming it can feel.
That's why, in addition to providing restoration services, we also offer reconstruction services. That way, in the aftermath of the damage, you only have to make one call and we will make your damage look "Like it never even happened."
Our team of professionals are available to respond any time of day or night. We will be on site quickly, can inspect and discuss the issues you're facing, and make a restoration plan. Once the damage has been addressed, cleaned up, and future damage has been prevented, we can begin to build back the property, if reconstruction services are required.
We also work directly with your insurance to help ease the stress of the claims process.
If your Cleveland, OH home or business is in distress, give us a call!